Today I’m going to talk a little bit about why kettlebells are SO awesome AND I’m going to teach you how to do the exercise that I consider to be the foundation of kettlebell training, the swing.
Kettlebells blend strength, cardio, and mobility into one super-efficient workout. The kettlebell swing is the foundation of kettlebell training. It is an explosive movement that works the posterior chain (glutes and hamstrings) like no other. If you want amazing butt, this is one my top picks for getting one. I also love single leg squats and single leg deadlifts for getting your rear end looking right.
Here are a few cool facts about the kettlebell swing:
1. Kettlebell swings are an awesome conditioning and fat burning tool.
2. They develop back endurance which Dr. Stuart McGill, a leading spine/back expert, says helps with the reduction of back injuries.
3. They are the foundation of the kettlebell snatch which was shown to burn at least 20.2 calories per minute during a recent study in which the participants performed a 20 minute snatch workout!
4. Swings work the abs and strengthen the core muscles.
5. They work the all the muscles of the posterior chain including the glutes, hamstrings, and entire back. It is extremely important to develop all these muscles, especially if you do a lot of sitting. This will also help out with your posture.
6. Did I mention they’ll make your butt look WAY better?
If you want to learn how to burn twice as much fat in half the time by using kettlebells, come check out our 21-Day Rapid Fat Loss Boot Camps in Suwanee, GA.
Watch this video to learn how to do a kettlebell swing: